- This event has passed.
4th Annual INBA Privacy Summit 2018
September 21, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Indian National Bar Association (“INBA”) has been in the quest to create an impact in every sphere of the legal fraternity since its inception. Among several other organizations in the country, we pride ourselves for creating a platform for the legal practitioners of law to interact with the luminaries and experts of the industry. In order to provide a platform to facilitate discussions and sharing of ideas regarding the core issues of privacy, the INBA, conceived the idea of the “Annual India Privacy Summit’ and has successfully concluded two such events. The 3rd Annual India Privacy Summit is being organized on September 25, 2018, at Taj West End, Bangalore.
We live in a virtual era and it is more pertinent than ever to ensure protection of privacy through legal systems and awareness. Keeping in mind the dynamics of the legal sector, we believe it is the responsibility of professionals, scholars and students to engage in regular discourses and undertake innovative processes to further evolve our legal systems.
- Cultural understanding of privacy
- Migration to the Cloud – Legal issues to be dealt with
- Role of Data Protection Officers
- Surveillance/ National Security vis-à-vis Individual Privacy
- e-Privacy Regulation in EU
- Data & Anti-trust/competition law
- Health-tech & fin-tech – privacy issues
- Primer on Indian laws regarding privacy and data protection
- GDPR: The New World Order
- Electronic transactions – Fraud, vulnerabilities, security controls and mitigation measures-
- Singapore, Russia, Japan, Israel and China: Emerging New Privacy Regimes
- Child rights & Student Privacy
- Future of AI and liability issues
- Drones and legal implications
- Jurisprudential trends in privacy (e.g.: pending cases re AADHAR and WhatsApp)
- Data Analytics – Legality and ethics (e.g.: targeted behavioural advertising)
- Right to be forgotten