Indian National Bar Association Academic tour to Europe [Netherlands, Brussels, Sweden] and Law Review
INBA is focused on taking the Indian legal industry and its members to newer heights. Representing the entire Legal ecosystem in India, INBA is dedicated to expand its members professional network and industry insight.
Section for Law Students draws on its rich cultural diversity to offer students a distinctive membership experience, which bridges the gap between disparate legal jurisdictions.
Section for Law Students is a very recent addition to the vast INBA network of Sections and as many of its members will undoubtedly be the future leaders of the legal profession, therefore its importance cannot be overstated.
Indian National Bar association is pleased to announce its next edition of the Academic tour to Europe covering Netherlands, Germany and Sweden.
After the success of INBA’s Academic tour to United States of America and UK, INBA has come up with the newest edition of Academic tour to Europe.
This tour has been planned to provide law students an overview of International Law and Justice, European Laws, Legal Education &Practice in Europe and to acquaint them with the Judicial and Parliamentary system of both the countries. This tour will also include the discussion on opening the gates to the foreign legal market in India and promoting good relations among the countries.
Benefits to the Law Students:
- Lectures on European law and International law by eminent Advocates and professors
- Visit to International court of justice and other franchise of the UNO
- Opportunities to Learn about the Legal system of European countries
- Opportunities to learn about the Trade and commerce between and India and European countries.
- Learn about Laws and treaties between Indian and European countries affecting Trade and commerce.
- Visit to courts and other governmental offices.
- Interaction with the students and faculty of various Law colleges.
- Visit to various Law colleges in Europe arising an opportunity for LLM in those colleges.
- Learn about the Bar Exam of various countries and about the International bar association.
- Interaction with Lawyers and law firms.
- Publication of your research work in a special issue of Indian national bar association’s Law review.
- Learning opportunities about global practice.
Important guidelines and information
- Top 15 students from India will be selected after a comprehensive evaluation and interview by the Selection Board.
- Every student after selection shall write a research paper on the topic given by the selection board which shall be published in a special issue and such research work will be presented by each candidates during the Academic tour.
- Submissions are preferred in Times New Roman font, with 1.5-line spacing. Main text should be in font size 12 and footnotes in font size 10. Word Limit should be 6000 words.
- The citation format to be used is ‘The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.)’
- Speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- Every submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words describing the relevant conclusions drawn in the manuscript.
Selection Process :
- Students of 3rd, 4th Year & 5th Year from Five Year integrated LL.B Courses and Students of 2nd and 3rd Year from Three Year LL.B course are eligible.
- Should be proficient in speaking and understanding English.
- An application shall be made to the selection committee via email accompanying their updated CV, Previous year University, college score cards and writing sample.
- .Scanned copy college ID card.
- After selection every student shall furnish a Non Objection Certificate from his/her college for the tour and a consent from parents and an undertaking duly signed by them.
- To and fro economy class air ticket
- Baggage Allowance as per the airline policy
- Accommodation & Food during the tour
- A letter of Visa
- To and fro Airport Transfers
- Certificate of completion by INBA
- Medical insurance
- Visa Fees
- Any Increase in Airfare, Visa Fees, Airport Taxes, Govt. Taxes, Fuel Surcharges and any of new Taxes from Government.
- Cost of Air ticket deviation charges
- Any increase in the rate of exchange leading to an increase in all arrangements which may come into effect prior to departure
- Cost of pre or post tour hotel accommodation &sim card (and calls made during the tour)
- Any extra cost incurred on behalf of an individual due to illness, accident, hospitalization, or any personal emergency or any medical insurance.
- Any service or activity charges (including entrance fees) other than those included in the itinerary
- To and fro Air Fare, Airport Transfers, Visa fees to join/leave the group and Airport snack hamper for joining and leaving guests
- Anything specifically not mentioned in the “inclusions” column.
- Any expenses arising out of personal leisure activities will be not be refunded.
- For the smooth VISA application, the VISA will be applied in group in the New Delhi Consulate [only]
- Student has to visit the consulate for personal interview which is mandatory on his/her own expenses.
- Indian National Bar Association shall provide Invitation Letters, Flight details and other necessary details after receipt of full payment to ease the Visa Process.
- On receipt of the required document, you are required to complete all Visa formalities as per the Immigration Department.
- Indian National Bar Association bears no liability in case of VISA being denied.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi will be the only port of departure, and rights are reserved for Airline Selection.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- If a student cancels his/her Participation for the tour no amount will be refunded (except in the case of Visa Refusal)
- Air tickets issued on group fares are not refundable and guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the guest will be paid after INBA receives refund from the respective service providers.
Please take a note:
- If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of medicines with prescription.
- Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries please carry lotions, hand sanitizer, camera etc. and woolens.
- Please check the weather information and carry clothes accordingly.
- Original Passport with minimum 1 years validity from the date of tour arrival along with sufficient blank pages for the stamping of visa. Handwritten passport is not acceptable
- A valid conference VISA for the duration of tour (VISA letters will be provided by INBA)
INR 2,30,000 (Excluding Visa cost)
There’s a special discount of 30,000 for Indian National Bar Association Members.
All Applications shall be sent to :